Welcome to the pages of my blog! Recently, she helped a friend get a kitten out of the bushes. Homeless, dirty, lonely - it is not surprising that a friend was inflamed with a desire to help him.
Upon closer inspection, he turned out to be very nice, and then the question arose - how to remove fleas from small kittens. In our kitten, for lack of another expression, they walked in herds ... Fortunately, we brought him a flea quite successfully, except for the fact that they were horrified by their number. So I share my experience!
The content of the article:
- 1 How to derive a flea from a kitten at home
- 1.1 Signs and ways of infection
- 1.2 Ways to combat parasites in kittens of different ages
- 1.3 Kittens up to 1 month old
- 1.4 Kittens up to two months
- 1.5 In kittens after 2-3 months
- 1.6 Drops from fleas for kittens
- 1.7 Flea sprays
- 1.8 Flea collars for kittens
- 1.9 Folk remedy for fighting fleas in kittens
- 1.10 Additional measures
- 1.11 Preventive recommendations
- 2 How to quickly and safely remove fleas from a kitten
- 3 Ways to bring fleas in a kitten 1-2 months of life
- 4 How to get rid of fleas in newborn kittens
- 5 How and how to derive a flea from a kitten at home
How to derive a flea from a kitten at home
A small and fluffy little ball of happiness appeared in your house - a kitten, and with it you found several more uninvited guests - fleas? First of all, you need to find out what kind of guests they are, whether they pose a threat to the life of your pet and how to get rid of them.
Signs and ways of infection
Fleas are blood-sucking insects that transmit an infection. They have a flat body and strong tenacious limbs, which allows you to quickly move in the coat of an animal.
There are flea species that can do without the blood of the host animal for up to a year and a half. They are very tenacious and a strong smooth shell makes them easy to crush.
A fertilized female flea with force ejects eggs on the go in small portions, then they roll off the host's wool. In an apartment, flea eggs can accumulate anywhere, so a kitten can pick up parasites in many ways:
- on a carpet, bedding or upholstered furniture;
- on a person’s clothing and / or shoes;
- from adult cats and other pets;
- from mice and rats that kittens hunt for.
Whatever way fleas in the pet’s hair turn out to be, it’s important to quickly identify signs and take measures to eliminate parasites from the animal’s hair.
You will not be able to notice a flea right away, only if they are already a whole colony. To recognize them, just hold your hand against the hair and you will see small dark insects on the skin of a kitten.
Characteristic signs of parasites on your pet's skin:
- the kitten constantly itches and / or bites into the coat;
- wounds and fleeces appear on the skin that do not heal for a long time;
- on the skin of the neck and abdomen of the animal contains small black grains - flea excrement;
- in an advanced state, serious skin problems arise - dermatitis and dermatophiliasis (ulcerative skin lesions).
Ways to combat parasites in kittens of different ages
Each owner wants to most effectively and carefully release his ward from uninvited guests. There are different ways to deal with fleas:
- clean mechanically - bathe and remove fleas manually or by combing;
- wash the kitten with antiparasitic shampoo;
- apply other antiparasitic drugs;
- choose gentle folk recipes.
Depending on the age of your pet, you must carefully choose the right tool for controlling parasites.
Kittens up to 1 month old
At the age of 1 month, the kitten is not yet ready for potent remedies, its immunity is weak and susceptible to infections and diseases.
Therefore, our recommendation will be to postpone the fight against bloodsuckers until the age of 3-4 months, in case there are still few fleas. Only if the animal is constantly itching and tearing the skin with its claws, you can proceed to the mechanical processing:
- Wash the old litter and lay down a new one.
- Vacuum and rinse the place where the kitten lives.
- Comb the parasites with a comb with frequent teeth.
Try to do these manipulations as often as possible - it is better every day. Such procedures will facilitate the condition of the kitten and delay the use of antiparasitic agents.
Kittens up to two months
If the kitten’s condition is deplorable, and you can’t wait to help your pet, find a flea shampoo for kittens for up to two months.
You can not use shampoo for people because of the difference in the alkaline balance of the skin in humans and cats. To wash a kitten with flea shampoo as follows:
- Start by cutting the claws of the pet, otherwise your hands can be pretty hurt.
- Check that there are no drafts and the house is warm. Cats are very cold after swimming.
- Then prepare the necessary tools: basin (bath), shampoo, comb for combing and towel.
- Hold the kitten and, gently talking and stroking, sit in a basin with warm water (38–42 ° C).
- Begin to calmly and confidently wash the kitten from head to toe. To prevent water from getting into your ears, gently insert cotton swabs into them, and apply a drop of petroleum jelly to the eye teardrops with a cotton swab.
- As soon as the coat gets wet, apply the diluted shampoo to the kitten’s body and feet, carefully foam and hold for 7–8 minutes.
- Then rinse the kitten under running water. Keep in mind that rinsing shampoo is a thorough and necessary process. Rinse for 5-7 minutes, otherwise the shampoo may not rinse, and the animal will recover when it is licked from the coat.
- Immediately after washing the shampoo, place the pet in a towel, it will begin to tremble, it is important to wrap and warm the baby.
- You can start combing the fleas with a comb right in the towel. They are perfectly visible in wet coat.
- Care, dry, caress the kitten - he experienced a lot of stress.
In kittens after 2-3 months
Your pet has grown, and an arsenal of tools to combat bloodsuckers has grown. Now you can apply drops to the withers, a collar for prevention, flea sprays or alternative recipes for removing parasites from the hair of a kitten.
Drops from fleas for kittens
Drops from fleas are one of the most convenient means for treating parasites. To use the product, spread the hair at the withers and apply a certain amount of drops (on the package write the calculation depending on the weight and / or age of the kitten). Active substances immediately begin to act.
Be careful when using drops if the kitten has not been weaned. After all, when licking, a poisonous agent can enter the mother’s body, and then into milk.
When the kitten has already been separated from mom, you can choose a spray to fight fleas. To do this, shake the bottle with spray before use and, vertically holding, spray throughout the body of the animal.
After some time, there will be no trace of fleas. Be sure to ventilate the room and do not let the pet lick the drug until it dries completely.
Flea collars for kittens
A flea collar is applicable if the animal does not have a stable allergic reaction to the substances contained in it. More often it is used for preventive purposes, just remove the collar from the box and put it on the kitten.
Folk remedy for fighting fleas in kittens
If you want to do without chemistry, try a folk recipe:
- In 200 ml of water, stir one tablespoon of salt.
- Then bathe the kitten in solution for 10 minutes.
- Wipe and dry the pet, combing the fleas along the way.
Fleas can hide not only in animal hair. The distribution range of the larvae is extensive - carpet pile, shoes and clothes, litter and animal house, upholstered furniture and other secluded corners of the house. Therefore, to completely resolve the problem, you must take the following steps:
- If there are other animals in the house, you should also deal with their processing.
- Thoroughly clean the entire apartment - vacuum and mop the floor, clean the carpets, if possible, sweep in the street, and wash the furniture.
- Pay special attention to the place where the kitten is kept. Wash and replace animal bedding.
- To process carpets, bedding and upholstered furniture with a steam generator, and then with a special flea remedy or insecticide solution.
Treatment is always more complicated and more expensive than prevention. To prevent infection from renewing, try to follow simple recommendations:
- keep clean in the place where the pet is kept;
- do regular pet examinations for parasites;
- exclude the kitten’s contact with stray animals.
Fighting fleas in a pet is a long and burdensome business, so stock up on love and patience. Let your kitten be healthy and active without parasites and the negative consequences of their appearance!
How to quickly and safely remove fleas from a kitten
Pet shops currently have a large selection of insect repellents in adult cats. But how to get a kitten fleas?
The kitten constantly licks the mother, and the medicine, entering the cat’s esophagus, is then found in its milk, which can do much more harm to the baby than fleas.
In this regard, there are differences in the methods of hatching fleas in newborn kittens and those whose age is 1 month or more.
In the first month of life, babies are still very weak and do not have stable immunity against aggressive chemicals.
It is necessary to lead with a frequent comb or comb in the direction of hair growth and crush the fleas with nails or hard objects, throwing them into a bowl of water. The most thorough treatment requires the tummy, groin and axillary hollows.
The combing of fleas in a kitten is carried out at any age, but if the mother is still next to him, she herself can lick it and bite off the parasites, eliminating the flea’s baby from them. After the kitten becomes independent, pharmacy remedies for fleas for kittens are used.
The use of natural herbal remedies
Kids who are less than one month old can try to get rid of insects at home with the help of folk remedies for fleas for kittens.
They consist of natural components and will not bring the baby such harm as pharmacy medicines, however, it should be borne in mind that the effectiveness of these funds is much less compared to chemical insecticides. There are several natural plants whose smell repels and removes insects well:
How to bring fleas in small kittens with wormwood? Its smell repels many insects, including fleas. It is necessary to prepare a decoction from it and moisten the hair of the kitten with it. The fleas that flee are caught and crushed, throwing them into the water. As long as the smell of wormwood persists, there will be no insects.
Get rid of fleas with garlic. A few cloves of garlic mashed into gruel are insisted for a day in a half-liter jar of water.
Wet the kitten’s hair on the spine with the resulting solution, so that he could not get it with the tongue. All medicinal herbs can be used as infusions, decoctions or essential oils, diluted in water.
Having rid the baby of fleas, you need to clean the room. You should thoroughly clean the carpets, sofas, armchairs and wash the kitten's rug.
Slots in the floor and under the baseboard also require sanitization, because they are a great place for the reproduction of insects, where flea egg masonry is preserved. The following steps are required:
- Vacuum thoroughly all fluffy surfaces and rinse the floors with a damp cloth.
- Treat all cracks and spaces under the baseboards with insecticidal solutions or sprays.
- Wash and process the litter using a special flea remedy for kittens.
- If there are other animals in the apartment, it is necessary to simultaneously treat their flea fur.
Another good way to protect your pet from biting insects is to use a mattress stuffed with fresh sawdust.
Fleas do not like this smell and will not bother the baby. Bundles of odorous herbs spread out in the house will also help get rid of insects.
Hatching fleas in older kittens
How to get rid of fleas in a kitten who has already grown up and is not attached to his mother? In pharmacies, there are many drugs to rid animals of insects, but only those that are designed specifically for cats should be purchased. First of all, these are various shampoos:
- Mr. Kiss;
- “Celandine Junior”;
- “Gamma for kittens”
- “Dr. ZOO.”
The last two products contain only natural ingredients and can be used for very small kittens.
How to rid a kitten of fleas with shampoo? The procedure is carried out as follows:
- A drop of shampoo is diluted in one and a half glasses of warm water.
- The baby’s hair moistened with water is gently soaped with a solution, making sure that it does not get into the eyes and ears.
- Leave the solution on the kitten’s hair for several minutes, and then wash it off with warm water.
- The washed kitten is wrapped in a warm soft towel or dried with a hairdryer if it normally responds to it.
In order not to catch a baby, on this day you should not skip it or leave it in a draft.
The washing procedure is always some stress for the animal, so you can try to remove fleas from the kitten with the help of various veterinary preparations for controlling insects, produced in the form of drops and sprays. There are several types:
- “Front Line” (in the form of drops or spray);
- “Bars” (drops and spray);
- “Celandine” (drops and spray);
- Fipronil (drops and spray);
- drops “Advantage”;
- drops "Selamectin";
- drops "Beafar".
These funds can be used starting from 2-3 months of age. Before using them, a susceptibility test must be performed.
If one day after the trial use in a small area no negative reactions (itching, redness) appeared, you can process the entire hair of the pet, guided by the attached instructions.
The flea spray is more convenient, it is applied first to the hands, which then smooth the kitten's hair. This should be done with gloves.
Knowing how to remove fleas from a kitten at home, the owner of the baby not only cares about his protection from infectious diseases, but also helps the pet grow healthy and cheerful.
Ways to bring fleas in a kitten 1-2 months of life
The appearance of a pet is not always associated with joy. If he is taken from unfavorable conditions or from the street, then he is most likely infected with various parasites.
Without treatment, a small pet will become seriously ill or die. It is not so simple to bring fleas to a kitten. Due to age, it is very sensitive to insecticides, and they can cause poisoning.
Symptoms of infection
Some owners do not even realize that their pet has fleas. There are several ways of infection. It will be considered a mistake that only cats from private houses are at risk.
Newborn babies receive parasites from their mother. The pups experience itching, loss of appetite and lethargy. They become restless, often meow. Bites turn into wounds and ulcers. If bacteria get into them, then the inflammatory process begins.
In some individuals, an allergic reaction begins. It manifests itself in shortness of breath, hair loss, fluid discharge from the nose.
Detecting fleas is easy - just gently push the baby's coat. The body will have prominent black and white crumbs. These are eggs and excrement of parasites.
Newly made owners often do not know what to do if the kitten has fleas. Many insecticides are designed only for adult animals, since they contain aggressive substances. Therefore, there are several ways to solve the problem:
- combing out and manual extermination of parasites;
- bathing with special shampoo;
- drops from fleas from a certain age.
Effective processing of residential premises. Keeping them clean will reduce fleas. During pregnancy, cats can not use insecticides, as they adversely affect future cubs.
Single individuals are not dangerous for newborn babies. It is important to keep the cats and kittens clean. This will reduce the chance of infection.
The appearance of parasites in such small individuals is associated with a number of consequences. A newborn baby is weak and sensitive to any chemicals.
It can not be sprayed and processed, as a cat-mother will lick her cub. The drug passes into breast milk and with it into the stomach of kittens. As a result, the kids will get serious poisoning.
You can not wash them with shampoo - the cat provides hygiene to the cubs. It is not recommended to use collars, as they contain essential oils and can provoke poisoning and allergic reactions.
It is not possible to remove fleas from a kitten under the age of one month. In fact, a cat-mother is quite able to cope with this.
She licks a kitten and destroys parasites with her teeth. Therefore, they remain in small numbers and do not pose a threat to the health of babies.
Suitable for kittens for 1 month of age. By this time, they open their eyes, actively study space and play.
The safest way is to comb out. It’s easy to handle the pet: you need a brush with soft bristles and a comb with frequent teeth. You can use a suede cloth.
Collected parasites cannot be thrown to the floor, as they will survive. It is better to lower them into a container of water. A monthly kitten is gently combed out with a brush, caught fleas are drowned. The process requires patience and time.
Bathing will help to remove fleas from a kitten for 1 month of life. To do this, use tar or baby soap. Sequencing:
- Warm water is poured into a shallow basin.
- The kitten's coat is gently moistened with water, trying not to touch the ears. After the pet is soaped.
- Soap foam is left for several minutes and gently washed off.
- They wipe the baby dry.
- Unwashed parasites are removed from the body and drown in water.
Combing and bathing are not always effective. To remove fleas from a kitten for 2 months, special powder will help. But it is only suitable for babies who are separated from their mother, as it can lick powder from the hair of kittens. The use of the drug is simple: just spray it on the animal’s hair, gently rub and shake off the excess.
It is most effective to poison fleas with drops. They can be used from six weeks of age. The drug is applied to the withers, having previously spread the hair.
The active substance penetrates the upper layers of the skin and spreads over the entire surface of the body. When fleas begin to bite a kitten, they die from poisoning.
It is easiest to poison parasites in kittens of three months of age: their body is quite strong. For them there are sprays, collars, shampoos.
It is important that babies do not feed on their mother’s milk. All drugs are used in accordance with the instructions. In some cases, re-processing is required.
How to get rid of fleas in newborn kittens
Detecting fleas in newborn kittens is extremely unpleasant. However, the aesthetic discomfort of seeing your pet and its offspring of parasitic insects is only a small part of the problem.
The danger of flea infection
Fleas are blood-sucking parasites that cause a lot of concern to pets and their owners. Infection with insects is dangerous even for healthy adult animals, let alone small kittens.
Vital activity of fleas in a kitten:
- provokes severe itching and irritation of delicate skin;
- lead to local and extensive hair loss;
- becomes the cause of allergic dermatitis in kittens (skin reactions to saliva and feces of insects);
- causes anemia;
- carries the threat of infection with helminths.
Even a domestic cat that never goes outside can be attacked by fleas, because these parasites can travel long distances in search of a new victim. Without knowing it, the owner can bring eggs and insect larvae into the house along with street shoes and clothes.
A weak newborn kitten infected with fleas in the absence of quick and qualified help from a person can die.
Cat flea treatment for fleas
Any antiparasitic treatment of the animal is a burden on the body. Newborn kittens are extremely sensitive to any veterinary preparations for fleas, in addition, most chemicals are prohibited for use until the kids reach a certain age.
Failure to comply with this rule can lead to poisoning not only the crumbs themselves, but also their mothers. The cat constantly licks its offspring, respectively, everything that will be applied to the fur of the babies will fall into its digestive tract, blood and milk.
However, it is impossible to hesitate with treatment, since the anemia caused by fleas can take the lives of all kittens in a matter of days.
You can reduce the degree of infection with fleas by treating a cat that is approved for use in lactating animals with veterinary drugs. Even if some insects survive, they will not bring much harm to normally developing kittens.
Veterinary drugs approved for use in nursing cats:
- Drops on the withers Advantage (Advantage) 40. Reliable and safe insecticide for external use, with "umbrella effect" (when processing a nursing cat receives protection and litter). The main active ingredient is imidacloprid. The drug does not affect the central nervous system of mammals. It is applied directly to the skin, in a place that the cat cannot lick (between the shoulder blades).
- Drops Frontline Combo (Frontline Combo) for cats. Fast acting with a long lasting effect. Active ingredients - fipronil and S-metoprene. The drug is safe to use in pregnant and lactating females. It is applied to the withers.
- Drops from fleas and ticks Beaphar (Beafar). Remedy for parasites on a natural basis. As an active substance, an extract from the Nim tree (Margosa) acts. Safe drug with no side effects.
A nursing cat can be redeemed with an anti-flea shampoo, but spray should be used with extreme caution during lactation.
Immediately after processing the hair, the cat should not be allowed to lick, as part of the toxic substances can enter the digestive tract and milk.
Bathing and mechanical control
After treating mom cat, you should do the cleaning of the bed of the cat family. The bedding and soft bed should be washed at a temperature of 60-90 degrees (in winter you can take out the house in the cold during frost), cat comb should be rinsed with boiling water. It will not be superfluous to conduct a general cleaning of the whole house.
However, it should be remembered that newborn kittens should be washed with extreme care, in a warm room where there are no drafts.
As an insecticide when bathing use:
- tar or baby soap foam;
- mild soapy solution with anti-flea shampoo for kittens;
- a decoction of Persian chamomile, tansy or wormwood.
The babies are carefully dipped in warm water and rubbed into the wool with light movements, avoiding the foam on the face.
The procedure should be performed quickly so that the animals do not catch a cold. With profuse infection, the detergent composition is left on the kittens for about a minute, then washed off.
After bathing, the kittens are wiped or dried with a hairdryer, put on a heating pad until they dry completely, and then returned to the cat.
One of the safest ways to get rid of flea kittens is combing. The fur of small fluffies is not as thick as that of adult cats, so parasites can be seen with the naked eye. For the procedure should be prepared:
- a bowl of water;
- a special comb with small teeth to combat pediculosis (sold in a pharmacy).
The baby should be combed out carefully, holding above a bowl of water so that caught insects fall there. The procedure must be repeated several times.
At what age can babies be treated with veterinary insecticides? The safest means is recommended to be applied no earlier than the kittens are 8 weeks old.
Poison fleas in animals with weak immunity should not be earlier than they are 6 months old. In this case, kittens should be excommunicated.
To prevent re-infection and deterring surviving parasites, experts recommend putting a bag of herbs, which are natural insecticides, in a bed.From fleas it helps:
With a strong smell, grass bunches can be spread out in the corners of the room, shoved under the carpet. Parasites do not like the smell of eucalyptus, juniper, citrus, coniferous trees. The only contraindication to the use of medicinal plants is an allergy in animals or in family members.
In case of profuse infection, it is better to contact the veterinarian for help, because in addition to the anti-debris treatment, kittens will also need to worms.
How and how to derive a flea from a kitten at home
When kittens appear in the house, for many this is a highlight. However, pleasant feelings and positive emotions are not all that the owner has to experience. Quite often, pets have various problems, among which there is the appearance of parasites.
Often this fun ball of wool becomes a real haven for a large number of fleas. It would seem that removing parasites in an animal is quite simple. However, this does not apply to small kittens.
At first glance it may seem that there are no problems, because today there are a huge number of special anti-flea remedies for animals.
However, it must be understood that in kittens that are only 4-5 months old, the immune system is still very poorly developed. In this situation, the usual chemicals intended for adults can adversely affect the baby's health.
In general, kittens of this age still have to live with their mother in order to get all the necessary vitamins with her milk. But often they are excommunicated at this age, so all the problems that arise fall on the shoulders of the owners.
What to do if a kitten has fleas
Having discovered parasites in your little pet, do not ignore it. Urgent need to take action. Naturally, for these purposes it is recommended to carefully choose the most gentle and non-toxic agents.
- What to do if newborn kittens have fleas. As you might guess, these defenseless creatures need the most gentle treatment. If you are afraid to use any chemicals at all, it is better to pay attention to mechanical removal by combing. Here you need a special scallop. It is recommended to comb out twice a day, which will achieve positive results in two weeks.
- If monthly kittens have fleas. At this age, bathing using appropriate shampoos can be added to the same combing. Today you can find many bathing products designed for kittens of this age. At the same time, you need to know that at this age it is not recommended to immediately apply the recommended norm. The first two baths should be trial, where the minimum amount of shampoo is used.
- In 2 month old kittens. Although this is still a fairly young age, the use of special flea shampoos is already allowed here. It is also possible to apply some kind of antiparasitic drops applied to the withers. Here you need to understand, drops can be used only if the kitten is excommunicated from the cat. If this has not happened yet, their close contact is inevitable. A cat can simply lick the remedy. Therefore, drops at the withers are used only if the kitten lives with you alone.
- In kittens after 2-3 months. Here you can already pick up not only drops. They can be supplemented with sprays and collars. There is also insecticidal powder, although for long-haired kittens its use will be problematic. At the same time, you need to remember, if you prefer insecticidal drugs, they should be as safe as possible.
How to treat a kitten from fleas
This is the main question that the owner of the little “lump of joy” is asked.Of course, everyone is trying to quickly rid their pet of parasites.
However, you need to understand the stronger the product, the worse it affects the health of the pet itself. Therefore, here you should try to find a “middle ground”.
Kitten flea sprays
This method is considered one of the fastest and most effective options for combating fleas. They begin to act almost immediately after application.
Spray is applied against the growth of hair throughout the body. After processing, care must be taken that the kitten does not lick the preparation until the coat has completely dried. The most effective and safe:
- Front line This is a fairly effective drug that allows you to fight various parasites. This universal remedy is often used by breeders. It is relatively harmless. The main thing is to use the product correctly and take precautions;
- Hartz. This is another popular way to handle pets. It is suitable for kittens over the age of twelve weeks. A distinctive feature of the drug is a long-lasting residual effect.
- Beaphar. When the question arises of protecting small kittens, this spray cannot be ignored. Its main feature is naturalness. The main active ingredients here are vegetable oils. Moreover, in terms of its effectiveness, the drug can be compared with more “dangerous” means.
Drops from fleas for kittens
The most convenient way to deal with fleas are drops. It is enough to spread the hair, and apply the product on the skin of the pet. Usually, places from which the animal cannot lick the drug are selected for this.
Therefore, if possible, it is better to use safer means. If there are no other options, drops can be used at the age of 2-3 months. Such kittens are no longer babies, although they are still teenagers. Most popular drops:
- Advantix. This drug allows you to get rid of not only fleas. He actively fights against lice beetles, ticks, lice and other parasites. The main advantage of these drops is the fight against insects at various stages of development. Within 12 hours after application, the drug begins to act.
- Celandine. It is worth noting a convenient form of release of this drug in the form of pipettes with a dispenser. Drops can be produced for both cats and dogs. You can use them not only for treatment. This is an excellent prophylactic that provides reliable protection against parasites. The main active ingredients here are permethrin and fipronil. They begin to work immediately after applying the drops to the skin.
- Drops Bars. This tool has recently gained immense popularity. It uses innovative components that are highly effective and low toxicity. The substances that make up the drops complement each other, enhancing their action at a low concentration.
- Blokhnet. Drops differ in that they are capable of destroying not only adults. Larvae and eggs die from this drug. Thanks to the correct combination of modern components, specialists were able to solve the problem of insect immunity to drugs. A fairly long residual effect, which is two months, deserves attention.
Flea shampoos for kittens
When the problem occurs in the smallest kittens, you have to abandon the use of powerful chemicals. Therefore, for kids, you can choose a shampoo.
This is a universal method of combating fleas and other parasites. Today the market offers many different shampoos. Some of them can be called quite effective and relatively safe:
- Dr. zoo.This insecticidal shampoo is able to quickly and permanently rid your pet of lice. Its basis is high-quality natural oils and plant extracts. Thanks to this, it can be used for bathing kittens that are only two weeks old. In addition, natural shampoo is suitable for nursing or pregnant females, sick and weakened kittens. The herbal extracts that make up the shampoo not only destroy existing parasites, but also scare away new insects.
- Celandine. This is a series of shampoos that have established themselves as effective means to combat various parasites. The main active ingredient here is permethrin. Its activity has already been appreciated by many pet lovers. These shampoos are allowed to be used as prophylactic agents. To achieve the best result, manufacturers recommend using a collar of the same name along with shampoos.
- Phytoelitis. The main active ingredients of the shampoo are sodium laureth sulfate, permethrin, sodium chloride and other substances. Shampoo belongs to drugs of moderate toxicity, therefore it is not recommended for sick and weakened animals, lactating and pregnant females, kittens younger than two months.
You need to understand that the treatment process for kittens is somewhat different from the treatment of adult cats. Here the main difference is that you can not use strong chemicals that can quickly achieve the desired results. It is worth being patient and having a lot of time to remove parasites from babies.
Of course, providing the kittens with perfect protection against various parasites is unlikely to succeed. But it is in your power to minimize the risk of infection.
Thus, the most effective method of controlling fleas is the prevention of their appearance. It is recommended that you follow a few simple rules:
- kitten litter should be washed at a temperature not lower than 60 degrees;
- limit contact of the kitten with other animals, especially stray;
- maintain cleanliness not only in the place where the kitten is kept, but throughout the house;
- use anti-flea preventative shampoos;
- use drops, collars and other products designed to protect the animal from insects;
- conduct regular examinations of the kitten, because removing parasites at the initial stage of infection will be much easier;
- try not to walk the little kittens in the thick grass.